For Christmas last year, Nate and I decided to make my parents a Giant Jenga for the cabin. Living in Minnesota, we love spending time outside playing polish golf and bean bags. We knew the Giant Jenga would be a hit. Everyone loved it and we ended up moving some furniture out of the living room and playing with the whole family.
What you will need to make a Giant Jenga:
- 6 – 8ft 2x4s
- 2 – 3/4 inch thick boards – 14in x 14in
- 4 – 3ft all thread rods
- 4 – 1/2 inch fender washers
- 4 – wingnuts
- 1 – handle
- Sand paper, hand sander or table sander
- Use a saw to cut your 8ft 2x4s into 10.5 inch pieces. This will leave you with 54 Jenga blocks. easy right?
- Sand all of the boards so they will easily slide across each other – make sure to sand the edges well to avoid splinters.
- Drill holes into the four sides of the 14in boards. We clamped the boards together to make sure they lined up perfectly. The holes should be wide enough for all thread rods to fit through.
- Weld the fender washers to one end of each all thread rod and place through one of the boards – this will be the bottom of your case.
- Attach your handle to the other board per the instructions on the package – this is the top of your case.
- Take your sanded Jenga blocks and align them between the rods on the bottom board
- Place the top board through the roads over the assembled blocks and use the wing nuts to tighten.
Now that the weather in Minnesota is getting nicer (finally), we are excited to get outside and play some Jenga at the cabin. Inspired? Make sure to share any pictures, comments or new ideas below!