Last week I attended the MNBloggerBash Lowertown Pop preview event at Union Depot in St. Paul, MN. Lowertown Pop is a Minnesota Maker Market featuring local artisans and craftspeople including brewers, bakers, distillers, artists and musicians. The full event is on April 15, 2017 in the Waiting Room at Union Depot!
As you know, I love DIYs and seeing what other people create! This event was a blast. As part of the preview, attendees got to go around and network with the makers and got a small gift/sample to try. I didn’t get a chance to make it to all of the vendors, but I thought I would give you an idea what what kind of stuff was there! Another great thing about the event is that 50% of ticket sales go to their charity partner and the other 50% go to one lucky maker – Shop local people!
In My Bag
- Three pack of cards – These cards are honestly to die for. I easily spend $5 on a card at Target after browsing for 20 minutes and finally settling on one. I definitely plan on ordering some more of these.
- Hand Poured Candle – I am a total sucker for candles and this one smells amazing! There are also a ton of different scents to choose from on her site.
- Fig & Rhubarb Scented
These products remind me of LUSH and I can’t get enough. I am really excited to test them out!
- Luxe Lotion Bar
- Pink Grapefruit, Vanilla Bean and Black Pepper
She mentioned at her booth that these were invented for travel purposes because there are no TSA restrictions on solids. What a cool idea! I have a feeling this will be coming with me to Florida in May!
- Shampoo, Shower and Shave Bar in Lavender Scent
- Leather Cord Clip – All of Jessica’s products are made from “trash” or scrap pieces of leather that would otherwise end up in a landfill. What better way to help the environment than to pick up some jewelry or a cord clip!
The owner of this shop, Lauren, started making these products as a DIY in her spare time. She got so many requests from people to make the products for them that she opened her own shop. I am super glad she did because these products are amazing.
- Share Your Voice Bracelet
- Sodalite and Lava Stone – The Lava stone beads are actually porous and can hold 1-2 drops of essential oils.
- Coconut Macaroon Pie
- Not going to lie – this one didnt make it home in the bag 🙂
BET Vodka provided some awesome cocktails
- Ruby Rose Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz BĒT VODKA
- 1/2 oz ruby red grapefruit
- 1/2 oz rosemary infused simple syrup
- and 1/2 oz lemon juice
- Shake and strain; add rosemary sprig as garnish.
Congrats – you made it to the end! I know this was a long post but I really wanted to share as much as I could with you about the event. At the preview event, there were only a fraction of the makers that are going to be at the full event on April 15. The people who create these products are so passionate and I love feeding off their energy!
If you do go make sure you stop by my Top Three Makers:
- Essence One – Like I said before, Lauren is awesome. Her products are high quality and the Honey Mint Lip Balm is my jam.
- Muddy Mouth Cards – These cards are witty and perfect for any occasion.
- Desdemona Dolittle’s – Jessica is so knowledgable about her products and has such a passion for why she creates them. Who would have thought that a piece of scrap leather would now be helping me keep my phone charger untangled.
MNBloggerBash and Lowertown Pop have been generous enough to give me two tickets to give away. To enter the giveaway, make sure you follow my Facebook page and comment on this post or on the Facebook post what vendor you are most excited about! Make sure to enter by Tuesday, April 11th so I have enough time to mail them to you! 🙂