I’m going to be honest – this might be my favorite part. Jell-O shots are so much fun when you have a large group of friends and family together and they are even more fun when they are red, white and blue!
What you need:
- Package of Blue Jell-O
- Package of Red Jell-O – I used Raspberry
- 2 Packets of Knox Gelatin
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Jell-O shot cups – I used 30 and got mine with lids at Party City
- Vodka 2.5 cups – separated in the flavor(s) of your choice
- This will substitute for the cold water – I put mine in the freezer for a couple of hours first!
- Cookie Sheet
- Measuring Cup with Spout
- Large bowl
- Pot to Boil water
- Stirring utensil – I used a rubber spatula
Arrange your Jell-O Shot Cups on a cookie sheet for easy transportation and storage.
- Measure one cup of water and bring to a boil
- Pour the contents of the Blue Jell-O Package into your large bowl
- Once boiling, pour the one cup of water into the bowl and completely dissolve Jell-O
- Slowly add in one cup of cold vodka
- Disperse into the bottom third of jell-o shot cups
I poured my mixture back into my Pyrex measuring cup. It has a spout and made for easy and pretty clean pouring.
Refrigerate until mixture hardens. I was in a hurry to get these done and still let them sit for an hour before moving on to the next step.
- Pour ½ cup of cold vodka into your large bowl
- Add 2 packets of knox gelatin and let set for a couple minutes
- Add 1 ½ cups of boiling water to the mixture to dissolve the gelatin
- Once the gelatin is dissolved, slowly add in the can of sweetened condensed milk until completely mixed in.
- Let mixture sit until room temperature – this is really important. You don’t want your white layer to blend into your blue layer!
Once cooled, pour your white layer on top of your blue layer. I had extra white Jell-O at the end – there is more liquid in this batch – so I made two white only cups!
Refrigerate until mixture hardens. – I watched an episode of Pretty Little Liars and was good to go for the last layer!
Repeat the instructions for the blue layer – sub red Jell-O and top layer of cups 🙂
I am so excited to bring this to the lake this weekend! These were a huge hit last year and honestly look harder than they were to make! Bonus!
What is your favorite festive drink? I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend – whatever your plans may be!