Welcome to my Hot Chocolate Valentine’s post! I have been thinking about Valentine’s Day for a while now. As you know from my January Favorites post – I love LOVE. Walking through aisles and seeing Valentine’s treats and decor… I can’t get enough.
Gift-giving is something that I really enjoy – but can also get really expensive. This year – I decided to put together a DIY Valentine’s Gift under $5.
What you need:
- Coffee Cup – I suggest TJMaxx. If you have a good number of people to gift – you can order white glasses from Target. These ones are 17.99 for eight glasses or $2.25 each
- Single Serve Hot Chocolate – A package of 10 at Target is $1.50
- Spoons – I purchased food-safe wooden spoons from Hobby Lobby. 12 for $2.99
- Chocolate – I purchased Vanilla flavored melts at Hobby Lobby for $2.99
- Sprinkles – Target
- Cellophane Bags – Large bags from Hobby Lobby. 36 for $1.99
- Ribbon – Hobby Lobby
- Valentine’s Day Printable
- Melt your white chocolate according to the instructions listed on the package
- Take your spoon and dip it into the chocolate
- Before the chocolate hardens, decorate your dipped spoon with sprinkles or mini marshmallows
- Allow your spoons to dry/harden
- We used the hot chocolate box and coffee cups as weights to hold the spoons up off the plate
- Place each spoon in a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
- You can end here and use the bottom printable for your Valentine’s!
- Place a coffee cup, hot cocoa packet and chocolate spoon into a large, clear gift bag
- Tie your gift tag on with twine and pass along to your besties! 🙂
- Cup: $2.99 ($2.25 if you buy in bulk from Target)
- Hot Cocoa: $0.15
- Spoons: $0.15
- Chocolate: $0.25 – I just divided to make 10 spoons. I have over half of the bag left!
- Sprinkles: $.50ish?- This one was hard to measure because I got a HUGE container of multiple different sprinkles and didn’t even put a dent in it. The container was 4.99 at Target and the mini marshmallows were $3.99 at Hobby Lobby.
- Ribbon:$0.50 – I wanted two different kinds of ribbon/twine so this was a little bit more. My Candy Heart ribbon was $1.40 at Hobby Lobby and the twine was $3.59.
- Gift bags: $0.05 for each bag = $0.10
- Printable – FREE here
TOTAL COST: $4.64
If $5 is too much per person for you – try doing the spoons solo! You will save around $3 a person!
I am really excited to be able to pass these out to my coworkers for Valentine’s day! It was so simple and is going to go really well with our endless coffees!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, read my policies here.