Hey Guys – It’s been a hot minute but I am back with some exciting news! We Bought a House! Two weeks and a ton of unpacking later – we are finally moved into our new home! Papers were signed and we made the big move the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It has been an insane couple of weeks but we are finally settled in.
Let the projects begin. 🙂
From the moment the papers were signed – well let’s be real… before they were even signed – I had a HUGE list of projects to do. It was so hard to keep up with projects in the apartment knowing that in a few short weeks, I would be pack them up and move to small town Minnesota. I am so excited to get back in the groove and share some awesome DIYs with you!
Our home has an unfinished basement with a world of opportunities and that is one of the main things we chat about these days – other than our Nellie!
A couple projects that are already completed:
- The start of our bathroom reno – painted the walls
- K-cup holder on the wall – coming to the blog soon!
- Spice shelves in our cupboard
- Insulated the garage
- Zip line for Nellie so she can run the length of the yard
We managed to get about 85% of our Christmas Decor up and plan to finish the rest this weekend. This place is really starting to feel like “home” and we could not be happier!
I asked Nate what his favorite things about the house were. Aside from the standard – who I share it with (suck up 🙂 ) – Nate’s favorites are:
- Garage. Nate loves the garage and having a place to keep all of his tools.
- Making choices. Whether it be the paint color or the layout of the basement – Nate loves that he can finally do his own projects… and not just mine 🙂
- His yard – Although it is nothing like the 66 acres he grew up on, Nate loves having his own yard and a place for Nellie to run around.
When it comes to my top three, I would say:
- Getting back in the project spirit – and having all of our supplies/equipment on hand. We had most of our stuff at Nate’s parent’s house and had to spend entire days there just to get a project done.
- Parking in an insulated garage – This is huge in Minnesota. The high today is 11…. I love not having to scrape my windshield and getting into a warm-ish car for my trek to work
- More Space. As much as I loved our apartment…. I love the space that comes with our house. No longer are the days where my crafts are spread out across the living room.
Shop the Post:
I hope you have an awesome weekend! We are finishing up some holiday decorating tonight, attending a family friend’s wedding on Saturday and laying low on Sunday. We can’t wait to get back into the projects – make sure to let me know if there is anything you would like to see!